Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 1995 19:21:35 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh>
To:        current, smpatel@wam.umd.edu
Subject:   Current sound driver broken - will crash your system!

Ok, as those of you who read cvs-* probably already know, I've committed
Sujal's update to the Voxware 3.0 drivers and this has caused some problems.
More specifically, devices that were formerly found (snd1, for example)
are not found and talking to /dev/audio with an SB16 generally sounds like
hell then crashes your system.

I'm sorry for momentarily breaking audio in -current, though this at least
can hopefully be classified under "non fatal error" long enough for us
to figure out what is going on and fix it.  If no fix is found in the next
48 hours, I will revert the import and we'll go back to square one on
the voxware upgrade.

					Jordan