Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:05:29 -0500
From:      "Derrick T. Woolworth" <dwoolworth@gmail.com>
To:        "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jumbo Frames with em

I'm using TCP currently, getting around 10MB/sec when writing one to
three files over NFS.  With UDP I get around 2 to 4/MB/sec.

I did do a network test with netpipe and with the mtu set to 9000 on
all cards, netpipe shows I'm getting 125MB/sec at 8192 byte packets.
I assume this would be typical of a GB network and indicates that
speed wise, the network is functioning well.

I do notice a fairly large speed decrease when writing to either my
RAID0 or RAID5 store (really shocked to find the RAID0 running slower
than a NFS mount to an IDE drive, but nevertheless).  The speed of NFS
is orders of magnitude slower than the network or the disks.

Thanks,

--
Derrick T. Woolworth, President
ServeTheWeb, LLC.  http://www.ServeTheWeb.com