Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:24:05 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        jahnke@fmjassoc.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, nork@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade, linuxpluginwrapper, acroread7 and Epiphany

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:14:10 -0700 Frank Jahnke wrote:

> I updated to 6.0RC earlier today, and am now upgrading my various ports
> (which I always do manually).  One of the first I did was Acroread7,
> which needed it.  I did the usual portupgrade, and it went through the
> recursive upgrades without a hitch (including linuxpluginwrapper).  Now,
> however, acroread7 cannot be invoked as a plugin from Epiphany.  I
> corrected an improper location in libmap.conf, but it still does not
> load.  It works fine from the command line.  Any advice would be most
> appreciated, but this may well be an issue with linuxpluginwrapper.

> Information:

> libmap.conf:
> # Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
> [/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nppdf.so]
> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

> where the location is linked to
> /usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so,

Sorry, it's not an answer to your question, but the path is somewhat
starge. It should be smth like
/usr/X11R6/share/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so

What version of Makefile do you have for the port?
Do you have unusial paths at /etc/make.conf?

> which exists and is readable and executable.  Similarly, libc.so.6 is
> the highest version on the system, and pluginwrapper/acrobat.so exists
> in /usr/local/lib and is also readable.

> about:plugins in Epiphany shows the plugin is enabled.

> Still, it does not load into Epiphany.  All of the other plugins (Java,
> RealPlayer and Flash) work fine.  The plugin also no longer works in
> Mozilla 1.7.7, but is enabled.

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer