Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2020 00:30:04 +0300
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, pyhton@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can not add port with name "py3c" (which is name of project!)

Hello freebsd-ports,

 I want to add "devel/py3c" [0] as it is requirement for new Subversion
python bindings.

 When I try to commit this new port I've got this error from pre-commit
hook:

> svn commit -F /usr/home/lev/FreeBSD/ports/devel/svn-commit.tmp Makefile py3c
Sending        Makefile
Adding         py3c
Adding         py3c/Makefile
Adding         py3c/distinfo
Adding         py3c/files
Adding         py3c/files/patch-Makefile
Adding         py3c/pkg-descr
Adding         py3c/pkg-plist
Transmitting file data ......done
Committing transaction...
svn: E165001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E165001: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
Adding new py3- ports is forbidden.
The Python ports have flavors and do not need the py3- ports.

 Please note, that port name DOES NOT START with "py3-" :)

[0] https://github.com/encukou/py3c

--
Best regards,
 Lev                          mailto:lev@FreeBSD.org