Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 16:16:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Report on DOSCMD

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Jonathan Mini wrote:

> On Mon, 5 May 1997, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>
> > 1) Being able to run pcemu-like apps without booting.
> > 2) Being able to run dosemu-like (32-bits) apps when booting.
> > For VM86:
> > 1) Being able to run Minix-386 under VM86 (it runs in protected mode).
>
> [I'm assuming that last 1 is a 3]

[Not really, this is unrelated to doscmd]

>   My own wish list is basically only one item -- running Watcom's compiler
> and linker. It constantly annoys me to have to do things like makefiles in
> DOS. (pipelines are a joke and that limit of 128 chars on a command line
> is very disabling)
>   If I can run BSD makefiles and unix utlilities such as cvs (for example)
> and compile with Watcom, I will be a very happy camper.

FWIW, you will find some DOS crosscompilers on the ports tree: bcc and
gcc-go32. I ported the latest: I don't use it, I don't care about it (I'm
the worst maintainer on that stuff and everyone seems uninterested), but
some cool things could be done with it, perhaps even testing the pgcc
patches for crosscompiling. Perhaps you could even use Watcom's libraries
with it.

regards,

	 Pedro.