Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:35:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FF 29 coredumps opening bookmarks

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, the wise Beeblebrox wrote:

> I have had coredump since March 20th for both Firefox and Seamonkey
> (mozilla-gecko), and the coredump occurs immediately on program startup. I
> built Seamonkey with the DEBUG knob on, but not much help there:
>
> $ seamonkey
> (process:3274): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
> (seamonkey:3274): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
> GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised
> (seamonkey:3274): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
> GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised
> (seamonkey:3274): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
> GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised
> (seamonkey:3274): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
> GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I had this too for a while, but I think only when the buildoption
GSTREAMER was unchecked. After checking that FF build and installed ok,
but gave (and still gives) a bus error when hitting the bookmarks button.

At this moment (since a week or so) FF doesn't build at all, giving:
mozpack.errors.ErrorMessage: Error: Error while running startup cache
precompilation

Tried different options and compilers but still no go. I think some
dependency in ports causes this.

Using good old Opera 12.16 now.

Regards,
Marco

--
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
 		-- Elbert Hubbard