Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 16:43:43 +0800 (CST)
From:      Chien-Ta Lee <jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syscons driver

> > 	And anyone port Linux's svga-lib to FreeBSD ?!  If it is ported,
> > 	we might be able to port some Console Chinese Terminal Emulators
> > 	from Linux to FreeBSD ....and of course, games.....   :)
>
> SVGAlib is a wank.  Sorry to all those Linuxers who just love it, but
> it doesn't actually _achieve_ anything.
>
> Which chinese terminal emulators are you looking for?  As I understand it,
> many/most of the X-based ones will build and run under FreeBSD just fine.

  I knew X-based terminals, but I am talking about Chinese terminal running
  on "console".
  Currently there are two Chinese terminals running on Linux console, one
  is based on svgalib (called YACT), which is able to run under 1024x768x256
  with hardware-scroll (I don't know if this term is correct or not)
  It looks just like ETen Chinese System running on DOS which is the most
  popular Chinese system here.

  Sometime you just don't want to (or the hardware can't afford to) run X.
  And, a Chinese terminal running on console makes the installation of
  FreeBSD (or Linux) using real "Chinese" possible.    :)

--

                                                 李 建 達  (Adonis) 交大資工
                                                 Mail: jdli@csie.nctu.edu.tw