Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 16:20:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        Dru Nelson <dnelson@slip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rackmount cases - what was the result of that thread?

>  Hi,
>
>   There was a thread a month or so back on rackmount cases.
>
>   I'm in the SF Bay area and I've called the few vendors my
>   company uses for 'systems'. They can't identify which parts
>   I need.
>
>   What was the recommended rackmount, ATX case (this will be
>   for a PII ATX motherboard). Mail order or local is OK, but
>   what is really needed is a company that will be around in
>   5 years.
>
>  Dru Nelson
>  Menlo Park, CA

Heya...

I eventually went with a place close by us in Northern NJ, Ango
Electronics Corp. (http://www.ango.com).  We ordered 10 standard AT
rackmount cases and got them for $175 apiece.  For our needs they are
constructed well, all aluminum so they are considerably more lightweight
and the heat dissipation is better.  They do ATX cases, but they are more
(how much I couldn't tell you exactly).  They will do custom encloures,
and they are quite easy to deal with once you get by the heavy oriental
accent the owner (John) has.

We are very happy with them, and will definately order more from them.
They make all sorts of rack equipment and other cabinets and enclosures,
and they have been around for quite a while already, so they look like
they will stay around for a while to come yet.

-Gary Margiotta				Voice:	(973) 835-9696
TBE Internet Services			Fax:	(973) 256-4605
http://www.tbe.net			E-Mail:	gary@tbe.net