Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:05:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/share/mk doc.html.mk

> jhb         2000/07/18 18:46:48 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     share/mk             doc.html.mk
>   Log:
>   Don't allow html-split to be treated as a format during install.
>   Admittedly, this is a hack, and the real solution is to sanitize FORMATS
>   by removing any words that aren't in KNOWN_FORMATS.  This fixes release
>   since releases uses 'html html-split txt' for FORMATS when it compiles and
>   installs the docs.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.2       +2 -2      doc/share/mk/doc.html.mk

As I said, this is a gross hack, but I've been trying to build RC2 all day
long and wasn't really eager to spend a lot of time fixing the generic
problem while the release idled. :)  This does need to be fixed the right
way, however, so if any make(1) experts want a simple task to do, go for it.

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com>