Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:12:01 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Shizuka Kudo <shizukakudo_99@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wi0 watchdog timeout with latest pccard MFC

In message <20010717095757.85744.qmail@web11404.mail.yahoo.com> Shizuka Kudo writes:
: I have sent this out a week ago, but haven't get any
: reply yet. Basically, I have an ASUS CUSL2 mb with
: PIII, 256M RAM and an Orinoco PCI adpater.

With -stable, This is not a supported configuration.  I have a set of
patches that I need to update to the latest -stable kernel that you
need for this.  -current should work.

: Is this an IRQ problem? I have tried (1) specify
: whatever assigned to pcic0-pci in "-I -i" flag; (2)
: used BIOS to assign IRQ 10 exclusively for the card
: and specify pccardd_flags as "-I -i 10". All came with
: the same result. What can I do to investigate? Any
: hints?

Yes.  It is an IRQ problem.  However, it is because the TI chip is
programmed to use ISA interrupts.  This means that the interrupt isn't
going over the PCI bus, which means that the wi card won't get
interrupts, which is why you are seeing what you are seeing.

Warner