Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:19:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Anton Blajev <ablajev@babylon-l.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with smbd....

  Not really an ISP issue...

  Slow Samba performance could be caused by a slow hard drive, a slow
network, or even not enough mbuf clusters.  Assuming the movies are DVD
rips, with no lose of quaility, each reader will need to read at least
2Mbps each, so 20Mbps for 10 different players.

  As far as IPX goes, I think Doom uses a bridged (unroutable) protocol.
But it doesn't sound like you have configured network numbers, and the
other good stuff you need to do to get IPX routing to work.

Tom