Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:22:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dan The Man <dan@sunsaturn.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysctl kern.ipc.somaxconn limit 65535 why?

sunsaturn:~# sysctl -w kern.ipc.somaxconn=200000
kern.ipc.somaxconn: 4096
sysctl: kern.ipc.somaxconn: Invalid argument
sunsaturn:~# sysctl -w kern.ipc.somaxconn=65536
kern.ipc.somaxconn: 4096
sysctl: kern.ipc.somaxconn: Invalid argument
sunsaturn:~# sysctl -w kern.ipc.somaxconn=65535
kern.ipc.somaxconn: 4096 -> 65535
sunsaturn:~#

Trying to stress test a framework here that tosses 100k of connections
into a listen queue before doing anything, I realize I'll have to use
multiple local IPs get get around port limitations, but why is this
backlog using a limit?

Dan.

--
Dan The Man