Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 20:02:37 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   CAP_SINGLE tsleep failure (was Re: bt848 video losing sync)

Amancio Hasty:
 |From The Desk Of Randall Hopper :
 |> I don't know if anyone else sees this, but when starting and stopping the
 |> video on the tuner, every so often (very rarely) it'll sputter, lose
 |> vertical sync, slip down to 2 or 3 frames a second for a second or two, and
 |> then just freeze with the VBI band right in the middle of the window.
 |
 |Write an ioctl or somehow trigger in the driver printing the status
 |registers in bktr_intr. That will give us a clue as to what is going on.

Ok.  Will do.

BTW, hadn't checked the console in a while.  I notice that I'm getting a
single tsleep error from the CAP_SINGLE ioctl code each time I freeze the
video.  Here's all values represented in the console buffer now:

bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1  2c0f24
bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1 1000f24
bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1 1000754
bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1  2c0754
bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1 1000624
bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1  2c0624

   error=tsleep((caddr_t)bktr, METPRI, "capturing", hz);

Since this is an ERESTART error (METPRI has PCATCH), is the right fix for
this to change this line to:

   while ((error=tsleep((caddr_t)bktr, METPRI, "capturing", hz)) == ERESTART) ;

Sounds like this may be related to my seeing the video not capture both
frames on a CAP_SINGLE.

Randall