Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 98 07:35:13 -0600
From:      "Richard Seaman, Jr." <lists@tar.com>
To:        "Johan Larsson" <gozer@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        "emulation@freebsd.org" <emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.0 (was Re: linux threads binary)

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 01:20:47 +0100 (CET), Johan Larsson wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Richard Seaman, Jr. wrote:

>> Ok.  I found it.  I needed to do a little more manipulation of the
>> LD_CONFIG_PATH in ways not found in the SO docs.  I've now managed
>> to get through setup and have so50 running.  Its only been running
>> for about 30 minutes, but I can confirm its running multiple threads,
>> and there are no apparent problems so far.
>
>This sounds more than great!!! :-)

Well, it doesn't run perfectly yet.  No core dumps, but occasional
partial screen freezes.  I suspect that maybe thread exit processing
is not quite right yet.

>Did you have to do some tweaks with /proc?

I did the cmdLine patch.  That was before I discovered the
linux_pipe problem, when I was trying to get through setup.
Don't know if its necessary.

There are a number of kernel patches, not insignificant, that
are necessary.

>Patches are where? ;-)

They're not quite ready for prime time, but I'd make them
available to anyone who wants to test them and work on
them.