Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:07:13 -0500
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@netzuno.com>
To:        <vdrifter@ocis.ocis.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pipsecd+ipfw fwd

Hi,

It sounds to me that you would be better served by configuring the IP
routing tables rather than doing this with ipfw fwd rules.

Also for the PMTU problem, tcpmssd (from the ports) can help you there. The
issue is no different that the one experience by PPPoE users.

The reason why you want to reduce the MTU of the IPSec link is that IPSec
headers take some space. If you leave the MTU as 1500, the resulting IPSec
packets may need to be fragmented and that will not help the performance of
your link.

Patrick.