Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 01:30:54 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        Ms Carlsson <dyn_dns_sweden@hotmail.com>
Cc:        jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu, capm@gmx.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpd.conf

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 at 11:43:02 +0100, Ms Carlsson wrote:
> I thought the mailinglist was for questions when you can figure it out
> yourself.
>
> But i see that this mailinglist is just for wannabees who think they can.
>
> Thanks for the help anyway.

To begin with, if you are going to be 'pissy' no one is going to help
you, so you may as well just go else where, If you really want help try
showing some respect and answer the questions given. We ARE NOT mind
readers, we are volunteers who support an operating system we
use/like/love. After how rude you have been and so disrespectful I dont
know why I am even bothering.. but..

What is it you need a ftpd.conf for, other then that you 'need one'.
What is it your trying to do? are you using the lukemftpd or are you
using the stock ftpd?

Do you have something specific your trying to change with the default
(assuming your using lukemftpd).

looking at man ftpd.conf (once again assuming lukemftpd)

DEFAULTS
     The following defaults are used:

           checkportcmd  all
           classtype     chroot CHROOT
           classtype     guest  GUEST
           classtype     real   REAL
           display       none
           limit         all    -1     # unlimited connections
           maxtimeout    all    7200   # 2 hours
           modify        all
           motd          all    motd
           notify        none
           passive       all
           timeout       all    900    # 15 minutes
           umask         all    027
           upload        all
           modify        guest  off
           umask         guest  0707

you can put that in a /etc/ftpd.conf and you have all the default
settings, reading that man page will explain the settings and give
you other options.

this is a start, if there is something specific your looking for, you
need to give us more info.

that being said, if you want to be a troll and mouth off more dont
bother, just send it to /dev/null, otherwise there are plenty of people
on this list that are willing to help if they have the info they need to
be able to help you.

--
Andrew

Genius, n.:
	A chemist who discovers a laundry additive that rhymes with
"bright".