Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:36:08 +0200
From:      Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sym driver 0.3.0

> You test is not serious. If you only can provide 1.5MB/second throughpu=
> for a benchmark of SCSI driver, please go away or make comparison with =
an
> AHA 1542. I consider your posting to be a bad joke and hope that it is =
not
> intentionnaly just bad taste. =

Why is it not serious?? A SCSI driver has to be fast even for slow device=
s =

even if it can drive very fast devices. It is more important to be fast =

on slow devices as those are the most likly to be a problem!

30% is a real problem, and a mixture of slow and fast devices on the same=
 SCSI =

bus is common.