Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:44:03 -0700
From:      "Dr. Josh Leute" <drleute@familydentistportwashington.com>
To:        "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Lost Teeth Impact Total Health

Greetings from Dr=2E Josh Leute!

Lost Teeth Impact Total Health

In the past, the loss of teeth was dismissed as a natural part of the a=
ging process, and dentures were considered a normal sign of old age=2E

While such ignorance is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, there is =
still not a general awareness of the seriousness of edentulism (the con=
dition of being completely toothless)=2E Multiple tooth loss is most co=
mmonly caused by periodontal disease, i=2Ee=2E=2E gum and bone disease=2E=
 Periodontal disease has a high statistical correlation with chronic de=
bilitating disease, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and arthri=
tis=2E

So it is not very surprising that studies now show a shortened life exp=
ectancy by as much as 10 years for persons who have lost their natural =
teeth, when compared to those who have kept their teeth=2E

In addition to longevity, quality-of-life differences are just as signi=
ficant=2E The functional efficiency of dentures has been measured to be=
 only 20% of that of natural teeth=2E Can there be any doubt that nutri=
tional deficiencies will be much more prevalent in those without their =
natural teeth?

Loss of teeth often causes a feeling of loss of wholeness and a sense o=
f deterioration and aging=2E Given these factors, preservation of the n=
atural teeth is integral to whole-person wellness=2E

If you have questions regarding how dental health affects your total we=
ll-being, please call our office at (262)284-5884 or email us at drleut=
e@familydentistportwashington=2Ecom today=2E

Best Regards,
Dr=2E Josh Leute

P=2ES=2E If you have any friends or family members who you feel could u=
se our services, please don't hesitate to have them call us=2E We'll be=
 sure to take good care of them=2E