Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:57:29 +0100
From:      Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty@heuristicsystems.com.au>
Cc:        'Baptiste Daroussin' <bapt@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with devel/apr1 or options_group

On 2012-12-27 09:38, Dewayne Geraghty wrote:
> While trying to build apache22 with ldap, the dependency apr1 passes a "--without-ldap" flag to apr-util which results in apache
> failing.
>
> * Background *
> Some 450+ packages are built on a 4 monthly cycle, 149 of these are controlled by ports.conf and built using portmaster. This is the
> second time since 2005 that I've been stuck and would appreciate some advice/guidance whether the problem lies with something in apr
> that I am missing, or the use of ${UNIQUENAME}_SET doesn't work with new OPTIONS_GROUP?
>
> We used a script to modify our ports.conf to accommodate the new optionng _SET and _UNSET which worked nicely last time ports were
> built.
>
> These are the relevant options from ports.conf
> devel/apr1: WITH_THREADS | WITH_BDB | WITH_LDAP | WITHOUT_GDBM | APR1_UNSET=GDBM |  APR1_SET=THREADS BDB LDAP
[...]

I suspect here is the mistake
$> cd devel/apr1
$> make -V UNIQUENAME
apr  (-> not apr1)

I don't work with portmaster (happy tinderbox user ;).
Can you try the following line in your ports.conf

file ports.conf: devel/apr1: WITH_THREADS | WITH_BDB | WITH_LDAP | WITHOUT_GDBM | APR_UNSET=GDBM |  APR_SET=THREADS BDB LDAP

--
Regards,
olli