Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2012 02:08:50 +0900
From:      "Daisuke Aoyama" <aoyama@peach.ne.jp>
To:        <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD/armv6z/clang on Raspberry Pi 512MB (with U-Boot + ubldr)

Hi,

I've created FreeBSD clang world for RPI based on svn 244112 + eabi.diff(NOT
USE) + few NetBSD code.
I didn't test with "-mfloat-abi=softfp" but it might work.

The first version is released at my Japanese blog:
http://shell.peach.ne.jp/aoyama/archives/2357

Thank you for many comments to previous versions.
Thank you for adding RPI support to FreeBSD.
Thank you for porting latest clang to head!
It's very useful for RPI developing now.

You can get the pre-build image from my archives:

http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/
(At this time, freebsd-pi-clang-20121213.img.gz is the latest version.)

Download and decompress it, then write it to SD. This image requires SD 4GB
or more.
I'm using as headless server. So, you need a serial console for seeing the
boot log.
If you need to change the value on it, please mount the second partition
(e.g. /dev/da0s2a).
If you want the video out, please remove the line of "set
console=comconsole" in /boot/loader.rc.

Note: first time, it takes about 2 minutes for generating the SSH keys.
This version includes axe(ASIX AX88x7x/760) driver because smsc is not
stable.
Now "cc" is "clang" instead of "gcc". If you want to use gcc, specify or
edit /etc/make.conf.
The initial setup code is taken from NetBSD.

Using config is here:
http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/config/RPI-B-test8

Source and pacth is here:
http://www.peach.ne.jp/archives/rpi/patch/

Pre-configured for:

MEM 496MB/GPU 16MB/SWAP 512MB
I/O: multi-console (primary serial)
IP address: 192.168.1.240
Default router: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1
sshd: enabled

User: pi
Password: raspberry
Password(root): raspberry

kernel section limit:
TS=256MB, DS=1024MB, SS=256MB

example of /etc/make.conf:
WITHOUT_X11=yes

WITH_CLANG=yes
WITH_CLANG_IS_CC=yes

# Now cc = clang is default
#CC=clang
#CXX=clang++
#CPP=clang-cpp

# For clang
NO_WERROR=
WERROR=

CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=armv6z -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfloat-abi=soft
COPTFLAGS=-O1 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=armv6z -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfloat-abi=soft

# For gcc
#CC=gcc
#CXX=g++
#CPP=cpp
How to use GPT USB stick in RPI:

(if you use something, delete/destory it before doing)
# gpart delete -i NN da0
# gpart destroy -F da0

(create new partition and format)
# gpart create -s gpt da0
# gpart add -t freebsd-ufs da0
# gpart show
# newfs -U -j /dev/da0p1

(mount it)
# mount /dev/da0p1 /mnt
Known problems:
 o SD card is not configured correctly. (power on/off need if it's failed)
 o hang the system. (unknown reason)
 o smsc is not stable.
 o alignment/padding is not same as gcc. (temporary avoid strict alignment
now)
 o call both IDCACHE_WBINV_ALL and DCACHE_WB_RANGE at switch. (can't work
without both)
 o still depend on GNU as (gas syntax).

TODO:
 o modify/replace bcm2835 drivers.