Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:12:56 +0200
From:      phk@dk.tfs.com
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WHY? ...non-use of TAILQ macros...

>   Actually it was Poul-Henning who added those and I don't recall
>agreeing that I liked it. In fact, I recall thinking that it was
>completely unnecessary, but I don't think I made any comment at the
>time.

Indeed, I started it, and I still have a bunch of patches, which I
promised not to commit until after the LITE2 merge.

I think that <sys/queue.h> is a weird inconsistent mess without them,
and I see no reason why we would want to hide half of the implementation
behind macros, but not the other half.

I fully intend to complete the migration btw.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.