Date:      Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:53:14 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patch: enable MSR support for EST

Nate Lawson wrote:
> The attached patch calls an acpi 3.0 method that on some laptops,
> exposes the SpeedStep MSRs via the acpi_perf driver.  If you have a
> laptop that supports SpeedStep but it doesn't appear to work right,
> please try this patch and see if it fixes things.

Nate - I'm currently running on this patch (since you posted it), and haven't noticed any ill effects, and not a lot changed on my laptop.  I'm not really certain if it should change anything for me, but I applied it as a test bed for you.

My recent bootup dmesg, acpi stuff, etc, is located here:

http://googlebit.com/freebsd/

Eric

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.