Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:17:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng." <lkchen@ksu.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/linux-realplayer port marked as BROKEN

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM, RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 18:01:56 +0100
> > Chris Rees wrote:

> >> No, there's a difference. =C2=A0We can't instruct a user to obtain a
> >> distfile in a way that is explicitly forbidden by the licence.
> >
> > What's explicitly forbidden? =C2=A0The distribution licence forbids
> > hosting
> > the files, but there's nothing that says you can't tell people that
> > realplayer can be obtained from real.com and offer an alternative
> > installer to rpm - which is all the port would be.
>=20
> Sounds about the same as the jdk ports where you had to get the
> distros from Sun (and now Oracle) after agreeing to their terms. the
> port checked for the disto and, if it was not found, provided
> instructions to legally obtain it. We don't do ports for warez, but I
> can't see that telling peoplewhereto get it legally is any issue.

I found a copy at: http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/slsoc/5x/i386=
/i386/repodata/repoview/RealPlayer-0-10.0.9.809-20070726.html

--=20
Who: Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. - W0LKC - Senior Unix Systems Administrator
For: Enterprise Server Technologies (EST) -- & SafeZone Ally
Snail: Computing and Telecommunications Services (CTS)
Kansas State University, 109 East Stadium, Manhattan, KS 66506-3102
Phone: (785) 532-4916 - Fax: (785) 532-3515 - Email: lkchen@ksu.edu
Web: http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~lkchen - Where: 11 Hale Library