Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 1997 04:30:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procedure to adjust clock drift?

> Does anyone have a procedure to adjust the clock drift in a PC?

In addition to the obvious "use nttp", here is a pointer to
"How to get NIST-traceable time on your computer":

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/pubs/hownist/hownis.htm

I haven't read the whole thing, but it will tell you how to get
NIST traceable time via radio, telephone, and the internet.

Peter

PS: The PBS time signals sound questionable since I immediately found
a pointer to a comp.risks posting where the time was correct but
the day was off by one.

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval