Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:43:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        bright@wintelcom.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syscons rebooting when going to 80x50

On 14 Jun, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> After taking the patches for config and booting my box reboots
> because I have:
>
> #allscreens_flags="-m on 80x50"
> #saver="logo"
> #font8x8="cp437-8x8"
> #font8x14="cp437-8x14"
> #font8x16="cp437-8x16"
>
> enabled in my rc.conf, a kernel from ~2 days ago is fine with this.

Remove allscreens_flags, the other options should work.

/etc/rc.conf:font8x8="iso-8x8"
/etc/rc.conf:font8x14="iso-8x14"
/etc/rc.conf:font8x16="iso-8x16"
/etc/rc.conf:saver="green"
/etc/rc.conf.local:#allscreens_flags="132x60"

With allscrrens_flags it hangs while trying to switch the mode on ttyv0,
switching the mode for ttyv1 works here.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                      Loose bits sink chips.

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  GPG fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E