Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 03:24:48 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        nc@ain.charm.net (Network Coordinator)
Cc:        hsu@freefall.cdrom.com, roberto@blaise.ibp.fr, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Gating hackers into the newsgroups

> The only problem I can see with increasing the popularity of FreeBSD
> worldwide is that this friendly-repoire with the core team members [i.e.
> we hear what they hear, see what they see, and find out whats happening
> directly from their keyboard] might disappear if suddenly 100x more
> people start flooding the newsgroups or list server.
>
> Maybe I'm a doom and gloom type.

Well, the core team all hang out on -current so you can always catch our
ear there if the other lists become too busy. I think at least a few of us
will stay on all the lists whatever happens, I know I will.

I think the flood will actually be to the newsgroups anyway, they'll
suddenly become much busier which is what I think most of us want,
I doubt the lists will get significantly busier.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org,  URL: http://isl.cf.ac.uk/~paul/