Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:06:12 +0200
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@vitsch.net>
To:        nocturnal <nocturnal@swehack.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interrupt using all the CPU

On Monday 03 July 2006 12:26, nocturnal wrote:
> Hi
>
> The clock?
>
> interrupt                          total       rate
> irq0: clk                       25130235         99
> irq1: atkbd0                           4          0
> irq6: fdc0                             1          0
> irq7: ppc0                             1          0
> irq8: rtc                         288300          1
> irq11: atapci1                    637852          2
> irq12: vr0 uhci0+                3890833         15
> irq13: npx0                            1          0
> irq14: ata0                           54          0
> Total                           29947281        119

Hmm.. There seems to be nothing wrong with these numbers. If you were
suffering from an interrupt storm I would have expected much larger numbers
in the "rate" column. The column "rate" shows the average number of
interrupts / second. In total your system handles about 120 interrupts /
second, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Are you using "powerd" perhaps? Could it be that your system goes into a too
deep sleep state where interrupt handling costs significantly more time?

grtz,
Daan