Date:      10 Dec 1997 23:10:14 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 971208 and the nfs rollback didn't fix it...

Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com> writes:

> I can reproduce this every time...
>
> Does anyone really feel the need to investigate this? I realize userland
> programs should never crash the kernel, but... is this a big enough deal for
> someone to want to investigate?

Yes.  Userland programs should NEVER be able to crash the kernel,
especially not running as users (instead of root).

Now - more details :-)  Do you get a kernel panic when it crash?

Have you traced .cshrc files and tried changing /etc/login.conf for
the user that gave you the strange effects?

Eivind.