Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:50:15 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-ports@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   wine won't build - inotify errors

Just trying to sort out some issues with wine and I originally used
pkg_add I think to install it, now I need to ensure certain features are
enabled like ssl connections and I need to be able to build wine from
port source. The errors are as follows:

cc -o wineserver async.o atom.o change.o class.o clipboard.o
completion.o console.o debugger.o device.o directory.o event.o fd.o
file.o handle.o hook.o mach.o mailslot.o main.o mapping.o mutex.o
named_pipe.o object.o process.o procfs.o ptrace.o queue.o region.o
registry.o request.o semaphore.o serial.o signal.o snapshot.o sock.o
symlink.o thread.o timer.o token.o trace.o unicode.o user.o window.o
winstation.o         -L../libs/wine -lwine ../libs/port/libwine_port.a
-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath,\$ORIGIN/../libs/wine
change.o: In function `inotify_add_dir':
change.c:(.text+0x526): undefined reference to `inotify_add_watch'
change.o: In function `free_inode':
change.c:(.text+0x812): undefined reference to `inotify_rm_watch'
change.o: In function `req_read_directory_changes':
change.c:(.text+0x1310): undefined reference to `inotify_init'
gmake[1]: *** [wineserver] Error 1

A quick poke at the sore point shows that there is a define around the
declarations required. I think it should be using sys/inotify.h but that
doesn't appear to be happening. Without a good dig I can't tell
precisely what is going on, but I figured I might ask here in case
someone knows either a workaround or can offer some points on what is
going on.

FWIW it is technically a cross-build for i386 on FreeBSD 9.0 AMD64, and
I'm using /compat/i386 to provide a base using chroot similar to linux -
as outlined on the freebsd wine wiki. I considered using the amd64
version, but I was running some other testing for i386 on amd64 as well.

Cheers