Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:18:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Iain Templeton <iain@research.canon.com.au>
Cc:        Bob K <melange@yip.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0/stable and Cyrix

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Iain Templeton wrote:

> Possibly, I have seen the same CPU and it was set for 333MHz (66.6 x 5
> or 83.3 x 4 or something that works out to be 333 anyway).

Going by the jumper settings and the BIOS, it's 333MHz...

> It does seem to perform fast enough to be a 333MHz chip rather than a
> 250MHz chip (at least compared to my PII-233 it took <3hrs compared to
> more than 4hrs for a buildworld, but that might be something else as
> well).

I may be cheating, as I've enabled soft updates, but build/installworld
took 174 minutes.  And that's with this thing as-is, 32MB, and a
Seagate(!?) IDE drive.  I'm not complaining, it beats the old
firewall/beatbox AMD "133" box by a long shot.  For $250... hey...

Thanks all,

Charles