Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 1995 11:12:01 +0900
From:      Atsushi Murai <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com
Cc:        davidg@Root.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: another reason not to change 0.0.0.0 into 192.0.0.1 in PPP

jleppek@borg.ess.harris.com (James Leppek) wrote:
:I can give you my ppp log but I do not think it is important.
:The important point is that we have a config file "ppp.conf"
:and it allows us to set our initial IP address.
:If the user selects an address ppp should not secretly override it.
:I think that behavior is wrong, it does not matter what it
:actually changes it to, the APPROACH is wrong.

Well, I just want to make sure that "Why your peer never try start a
negotion unless "0.0.0.0" ?" another world, if your peer get a non
"0.0.0.0", it seems to just slient or reject it rather than propose
another new addr from peer or not.

So Please give it to me.

Atsushi.

P.S. I don't have enough time explain, reply to this discussion with
     after a scrating board that borrwoing by my cat ;-)
     But I almost find a hitorical reason why ppp should be replaced
     to non zero.  Talk you later

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341