Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:21:23 -0500
From:      Ricky G <ricky1252@hotmail.com>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Call for Help: need script for patching ports tree, building with poudriere

 Almost finished with this=2C just wanted to give an update. I named this s=
cript portest=2C I still need to add a few more things and do some bug test=
ing but so far it seems to work pretty well. This is the usage page for the=
 script.
Usage: portest [-f bulkfile] [-apPrRtv] patchfile
  -f     --  Generate a poudiere usable bulk file    -p     --  Patch and g=
ive output    -P     --  Do not exit on failed patch    -r     --  Revert t=
he files listed in patchfile    -R     --  Paranoid revert=2C will remove a=
nd restore anything and               everything the patchfile may have cha=
nged or added    -t     --  Test with portlint    -v     --  Show version o=
f portest
By default=2C (no options) portest shows the ports that will be modified

 Decided to add the -a option to do the task you asked for specifically. So=
 far every option works on the patch you supplied and several others I had =
laying around. One thing that it will not detect is if slave port will be a=
ffected by the change=2C also changes to Uses or any other non CAT/PORT dir=
ectory will not be detected. I'm still trying to figure out how to solve th=
ese problem. Are they important? or not so much?
 Right now on my todo is to add a config file to change the default setting=
s=2C Add a -T option that will do port test or poudrieretesting depending o=
n what was selected in the config file. Also later on choose between svn=2C=
 git or portsnap. Once i'm finished adding the config file ill post it for =
some testing and if you can give me some feedback on what else you need or =
don't like.
Ultima