Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:47:07 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@cichlids.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   (fwd) neutron.cichlids.com security check output

Hello!

I often get those entries for every connect and so on. They always
appear in the security check output of my freebsd box and in the dmesg
entry. Last week I wanted to look at the dmesg-boot-output and had to
gunzip the messages.X.gz file from about 2 weeks ago to find the
boot-entries, because those (below) entries were in the dmesg output.

FreeBSD-3.1 (i4b -71 version)  and I use /etc/rc.conf and /etc/rc.isdn to setup the
isdnd, which I start with -l -L /var/log/isdn.log, because I have no
virtual console for the output.

I also set debug level to 0x000, but it didn't help to prevent the
isdn from logging such things, which I really don't need.

------
Mail: Subject: myhost security check output

[...]

myhost kernel log messages:
>  ipcp tlu
> isp0: lcp close(opened)
> isp0: phase terminate
> isp0: ipcp down(opened)
> isp0: ipcp close(starting)
> isp0: lcp output <term-req id=0xe0 len=4>
> isp0: lcp input(closing): <term-ack id=0xe0 len=4>
> isp0: phase dead
> isp0: lcp down(closed)

and tons of other isp0 messages.

What can I do? I didn't had this with a 2.2.7 sytem and -70 i4b.

Additionally I now always get natd error-logs, that it cannot write
packets back, because the network is down, which wasn't there under
2.2.7, too.

Thanks for any hints.

Alex
--