Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:54:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Forcing packets to the wire

Hi,

	Thanks a lot to all those who replied on and off the list! The
winner is Andrew R. Reiter <arr at FreeBSD dot org>. Here is a
possible solution to the problem, inspired by his response:

	ifconfig fxp1 fxp1_IP netmask 255.255.255.255
	ifconfig fxp2 fxp2_IP netmask 255.255.255.255

	route add fxp1_IP -iface -link fxp2:fxp1_MAC_address
	route add fxp2_IP -iface -link fxp1:fxp2_MAC_address

The subnet doesn not have to be /32 as long as the two IPs are in
different subnets. We are now testing the throughput limits of the
above configuration and contemplating its effect on the rest of our
setup.

Thank you,

Alex.