Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 01:50:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Mace <smace@metal.ops.neosoft.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vnode_pager_outpages error

> >Also, I randomly get signal-10's and singal-11's when compiling.
>
>    That's a real problem. It's interesting to note that Jordan was having
> trouble a few days ago when he tried to upgrade his 90Mhz machine (same
> motherboard as you) to 100Mhz. When he replaced the CPU with a 133Mhz one,
> his problems went away. In his case, it was obviously a hardware problem, but
> since the external cache and memory were operating with the same timing
> (66Mhz), I can only conclude that the problem was the CPU itself. Strange...

I will see if I can try a 66mhz and 90mhz cpu (don't know if I can get a 133mhz
one)

> >This is with an ASUS P55TP4XE/100 ,
> > 256 Pipline Burst cache, AHA2940 scsi 16MB EDO ram
>
>    Hmmm...what kind of disk are you using on it? I'm definately interested in
> the results of any equipment swapping you can do. It's possible that there
> is some sort of bug in the VM system (we've been down THIS road plenty of
> times :-)), but I haven't seen any problems like that here...and I do
> countless make worlds. I have two P55TP4XE based machines here, both are 90Mhz
> w/PB cache. I know that Rod does extensive testing with these motherboards,
> too, and he does 100Mhz+ there. His tests are all with -stable, however.

I have a Seagate st32550N attached to it. Also, I'm running 0111 rev of the
ASUS bios.

I also tried changing the main memory with standard 60ns simms, no change.
I've tried it with -current and -stable and still get signal 11's but less
frequently with -stable.

	Scott