Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:15:34 -0800
From:      Justin Hopper <jhopper@bsdhosting.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware suggestions

Hello David,

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 18:24, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:03:07AM -0800, Justin Hopper wrote:
> > I checked out the Newisys 2100, and it actually looks like a better
> > Also, do you happen to have a ballpark figure for how much the 2100
> > costs?  I hate companies that won't give you a rough price up front, but
> > instead force you to contact their sales team for a quote >:(
>
> Newisys does not sell direct, they are an ODM.  Price a Sun V20z
> http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/v20z/

Thanks for the tip.  I am getting close to wrapping up a deal with Appro
on this item:

http://www.appro.com/product/server_1122h.asp

They have the 4 HDD system for the same price as the 2 HDD system, so
that is what I was looking for.

Does anyone have any experience with freebsd-amd64 on this hardware?  I
think http://www.pogolinux.com is using similar hardware for their A64
offer, but their price seems to be consistently higher than other
vendors (I do like dealing with local vendors though).

--
Justin Hopper  <jhopper@bsdhosting.net>
UNIX Systems Engineer