Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:18:24 +0200
From:      Martin Schweizer <pcservice.schweizer@spectraweb.ch>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFirewall

Hello

I want use IPFirewall on my freebsd4.3-box. I read the handbook (chapter 9.7.3 and
following) and I also set the kernel options and re-compile the kernel. My
questions:
- rc.conf: Do I need an entry for starting? If yes, which?
- After this steps I can't connect over my ppp dailup th the Internet. After
I set "ipfw add allow all from any to any" it works. Why that?
- If I reboot all my rules are blow away. How can I make them resistent?
- If I want allow all from my freebsd-box to outside and all deny from outside
to my freebsd-box, which rule is correct (" ipfw add allow all from localhost
to any" won't work? Why?

Thank you in advance.

--
Regards
Martin

PC-Service M. Schweizer; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch