Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:37:39 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org, freebsd-current Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Updating the tuning man page

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:
> As some of you may know there is/was an effort to rewrite the tuning
> man page at http://wiki.freebsd.org/SystemTuning . At the moment it
> seems to have a lot of content with questions and unconfirmed data.
> Any effort spent on improving the page would go a long way to
> improving the documentation. If we could get this wiki page (editable
> by anyone) into a decent shape I'd be happy to turn it into a mdoc
> patch and commit it. Feel free to just remove old information and
> replace it with modern content. There is no need to mark up your
> specific changes - I'll deal with that when I write up the patch.
>
> Feel free to email me with any questions.

Should tuning include discussion of tuning for power management? Even
server operators are becoming aware of the need for power management
and the only really good information on it is mav's excellent wiki
page. From queries about the subject, most people really don't
understand the concepts and do the wrong thing. Frankly, FreeBSD does
the wrong thing by default, as mav pointed out.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com