Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:11:14 +0300
From:      George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>
To:        "David P. Caldwell" <david@code.davidpcaldwell.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chromium 19 dumps core on 9.0-RELEASE (i386)

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM, David P. Caldwell
<david@code.davidpcaldwell.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:46 AM, George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Confirmed, I got the same on my eeepc.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Bapt
>>
>> Debug build works for me under i386 vm, release crashes... I didn't
>> have enough time to debug this.
>>
>> Feedback is always welcome and needed.
>>

>> Regards,
>> George
>
> What do you mean by "debug build" -- one with debug symbols enabled
> during make configure?
>
> I tried to build that and the build failed, and I gave up at that
> point, but I can keep trying.
>
> Of course, the reason I was trying to do the debug build was to find
> the problem, but are you saying that enabling the debug symbols
> somehow fixes the problem?
>
> -- David.

Yes, with the debug option enabled chromium does not crash. It only
produces some error messages from the GPU thread about libGL being
old.

Most probably you are running out of memory, that is why you cannot
finish the compile. I had to add swap.. even though my desktop has
16GiB of ram they are not usable from the vm, i will try to recompile
the kernel with PAE.