Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2016 21:12:33 +0100
From:      "Joe Holden" <mail@m.jwh.me.uk>
To:        "'Christian Weisgerber'" <naddy@mips.inka.de>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: openntpd-5.7p4_2,2 depends on libressl-2.2.6 ?!

Yes, it is a ridiculous situation but since there appears to be zero
coordination between ports committers, probably expected.

> Bernard Spil (brnrd) has worked hard on moving the entire tree to
> LibreSSL, but the political will is missing.
>
> Like other software coming out of OpenBSD, OpenNTPD now requires
> libtls for its https functionality.  That's a new library with a
> new API that doesn't exist in OpenSSL.  The constraints check is a
> standard feature of OpenNTPD.  If you run OpenNTPD, you expect it
> to be available.  I have no intention of disabling this by default
> and it requires libtls.

Breaking existing install bases because of an *optional* feature is really a
shitty attitude, it is not OpenBSD, therefore does not need feature parity -
it is a *port* of OpenNNTPD, by your logic I should be able to use rdomains
in software ported from OpenBSD yes?  While we're here, PF is from OpenBSD
so I expect it to be the same as 6.0.