Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:28:03 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates cont'd

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 07:05:47PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> Well, i feel like an idiot.  I typed in the config line with the # before
> it.  I just fixed it.  Softupdates is running now.

Such things happen.

As those softupdates staff is located deep within the UFS, it seems not be
possible to make using 'em a mount option, although that would make it
easier IMO and make documentation more transparent, as any other file
system specific mount options (let's say, quota file or setuid/setgid
options or even read-only mode), which sometimes may confuse people.

Regards,

Martin
--
 /| /|        | /| /            ,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities,
/ |/ | artin  |/ |/ elk                     if you're knowing to take them,