Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:46:15 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM mirrors

On 2001-Jul-20 10:07:37 -0600, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org> wrote:
>In message <20010720093236.G52514@kc0dxw-2.uswc.uswest.com> Matt Meola writes:
>: Some of us run FreeBSD surruptitiously behind a corporate firewall.  If CTM
>: ever truly goes away, then it's Linux for me, since rpm/urpmi can handle
>: ftp and http proxies...
>
>And cvsup can't?  I've run it through many different firewalls in the
>past, over socks5 proxies and a couple of other strange
>configurations.  I'd be interested to hear how your environment is
>different than mine that you can't run it.

I am also behind a corporate firewall.  My internet access is limited
to e-mail, FTP (incoming only) and HTTP[S] - with FTP/HTTP[S] requiring
proxy authentication.  Having studied the FreeBSD FAQ and Handbook,
as well as the CVSup FAQ, I am unable to find any way that CVSup can
run through any of these channels.

Peter