Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:02:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   networking via lp0

Hi,

I have 2 FBSD 2.1 boxes, and I'm trying to connect them via a laplink cable.
I did the necessary ifconfig to activate the 2 interfaces, but when I try
to telnet or ping from either machines nothing happens.
By doing a netstat -i I see that one machine is receiving and sending
packets, but the second machine is sending packets but all the incoming
packets are errors, and after some time I receive a message from the
kernel that there is too many errors.
What could be wrong? the IDE card, the cable or something I'm missing in
the setting.

Thanks.

Samy