Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:02:58 -0700
From:      Jerry Toung <jtoung@arc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   add-symbol-file

Hello list,
Could somebody tell me why I can't "list" the source code of this kld?
I built the module with COPTS=3D-g, it is loaded in the kernel and I run =
kgdb in=20
/usr/obj/...../MYKERNEL. Everything seems to go well, except kgdb still=20
doesn't like it. However if I run kldsyms, it only loads acpi.ko.debug an=
d I=20
can list it.
Thank you in advance,
Jerry

PC203# kgdb kernel.debug /usr/home/guest/crash/vmcore.2
[GDB will not be able to debug user-mode threads: /usr/lib/libthread_db.s=
o:=20
Undefined symbol "ps_pglobal_lookup"]
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you =
are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditi=
ons.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for detail=
s.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd".
Ready to go.  Enter 'tr' to connect to the remote target
with /dev/cuaa0, 'tr /dev/cuaa1' to connect to a different port
or 'trf portno' to connect to the remote target with the firewire
interface.  portno defaults to 5556.

Type 'getsyms' after connection to load kld symbols.

If you're debugging a local system, you can use 'kldsyms' instead
to load the kld symbols.  That's a less obnoxious interface.
doadump () at pcpu.h:159
(kgdb) add-symbol-file /usr/local/src/nren-6.0current/osr_src/if_osr.ko=20
0xc24b3184 -s .data 0xc24b6900 -s .bss 0xc24b6cc0
add symbol table from file "/usr/local/src/nren-6.0current/osr_src/if_osr=
=2Eko"=20
at
        .text_addr =3D 0xc24b3184
        .data_addr =3D 0xc24b6900
        .bss_addr =3D 0xc24b6cc0
(y or n) y
Reading symbols from /usr/local/src/nren-6.0current/osr_src/if_osr.ko...d=
one.
(kgdb) list *0xc24b3184
No source file for address 0xc24b3184.
(kgdb) kldstat
During symbol reading, Incomplete CFI data; unspecified registers at=20
0xc05ff7d1.
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    4 0xc0400000 5d63e4   kernel
 2   14 0xc09d7000 54784    acpi.ko