Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 18:48:09 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        hm@kts.org
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b not working

On Sun, May 31, 1998 at 03:21:25PM +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> > When starting isdntest the first time my phone rang very shortly
> > (~0.3s) and i got a bunch of errormsgs:
> Somehow you managed to set your idletime to 536961280 seconds and your
> earlyhanguptime to -272638980 seconds, please verify your config file!

Oh, did i miss something in this point ? I didnt find a hint
towards a configfile for isdntest.

My /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc contains the following lines:
idletime-incoming       = 240
idletime-outgoing       = 30

I did not use the earlyhangup option in /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc at
all, neither can I see that it is used by isdntest, please
correct me if I am wrong here or if it uses some other
configfile.

> > Some time during the bootup-sequence (i guess when probing isic0)
> > the ringing of my phone stopped.
> > Here are the errormsgs i got:
> > /kernel: i4b-L2-i4b_i_frame_queued_up: V(S) == ((V(A) + k) & 127)!
>
> There is something going on on the S0 bus while booting, no idea.

Sorry, I guess I was a little unclear before - these are the errormsgs
I got when isdntest caused my machine to reboot, that is I received
those messages _before_ the reboot, not _during_ the reboot.

> > The next time i tried it, i got the following errors (i am sorry,
> > but i dont know exactly when i got them - this happened when
> > starting isdntest, perhaps for the first time after the reboot,
> > perhaps for the second time):

[bunch of errormsgs]
> You have an interrupt problem. Are you shure nothing else is on IRQ 5 ?

Yes :(, vmstat -i for example looks fine, and i suspect that
isdntrace would not work either if the IRQ my ISDN-card is using
was used by another device - or am i mistaken in that point ?

The weird point is that isdntrace seems to work exactly as it
should, its not unstable in any way etc., but thats about the
only part of the isdn4bsd-packet which works at all...

By now i too noticed that it is not pppd itself which causes the
problems with isdn4bsd, isdn4bsd behaves differently depending
wether a ppp-connection is established or not.

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich accurs due to lack of coffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet