Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2006 22:06:55 +0100
From:      "Spil Oss" <spil.oss@googlemail.com>
To:        "Alex Dupre" <ale@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/105252: devel/pear make install failure

Hi Alex,

Yes, the error is clear (or is it?), but why is it complaining it
can't write to /tmp?
It's trying to create dir / which isn't very usefull...

[root@beastie ~]$ ls -ld /tmp
drwxrwxrwt  12 root  wheel  3072 Nov  8 03:09 /tmp

[root@beastie:~]# df -i -h /tmp
Filesystem     Size    Used   Avail Capacity iused  ifree %iused  Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1e    929M     59M    796M     7%    1775 122063    1%   /tmp

Digging a lot further, I finally found out that it's my open_basedir
restriction in php.ini. For other people encountering this not very
helpful error, it might help to elaborate on the PR so they can amend
their open_basedir setting and resolve their problem. At least they
will now be able to find it in the mailing-list archives....

Kind regards,

Spil.