Date:      Sun, 24 Dec 2006 01:38:07 -0500
From:      "Steven" <brooklyn@flinet.com>
To:        <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Snap Server File System

=20

Tom,

=20

I just read your answer to David and Eric on the Snap 1100.

=20

I spoke with Adaptec who I am sure you know inherited this from Quantum. =

They told me that BSD is also used on the 4100 and 4500 raid systems.

I would like to know where you found out from, unless you can answer me
about the software raid, what stripe size they used. I will assume for =
the
moment that they used BSD default.

My other Question is about the extra drive for parity which I understand =
is
not implemented yet If so Quantum would have to have implemented it.

Do you have any sources, web sites or reading information  I can go to =
that
will save my time of trial and error.=20
I am working with a 4100, one of the drives dropped out and the raid 5
didn=92t hold up.

The chipset is standard promise 100ATA x2 to handle all 4 drives as =
master.

=20

=20

Any info you can give me would be helpful

=20

=20

Thank you,

Steven