Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2016 12:57:08 +1100
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Marino <freebsdml@marino.st>
Subject:   synth documentation (was: Removing documentation)

--LwbuP8dfxhLLLUfV

On Tuesday,  9 February 2016 at 15:08:22 +0100, John Marino wrote:

> Do you think the illustrated README on the github page is helpful?
>
> https://github.com/jrmarino/synth

I looked at that a couple of days ago.  It's certainly much better
than anything else I've seen on github, but it's still written from
the programmer's viewpoint: "this is how synth is structured, and what
it does".  What I was referring to in an earlier mail, and which a
couple of other people have also mentioned, is the answer to the
question "How do I use synth to do *this*?".

I installed the synth package a couple of days ago, mainly to take a
look.  And yes, I agree, if you're happy with the package (I would
be), the Ada dependencies and long build times aren't an issue.  I'm
sure the learning curve isn't overly steep, but it was enough to keep
me from running it just for the fun of it.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.