Date:      Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:32:08 +0100
From:      "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Today's Work

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 08:04 +0100, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

> > >My idea was that a lot of the main content text will be removed /
> > >replaced / reworded (or a combination of all three). My idea is that
> > >the
> > >PR and News will come further to the top after doing this. Perhaps I
> > >should have left this for later; it seems a lot of people have gotten
> > >the wrong idea with this.
> >
> > I'll make a suggestion for a short reworded intro text, followed by
> > the news and press.
>
> Personally I think the press section should just be removed from the
> front page, since it's really not that interesting IMHO.

I think it should be moved to a so-called `corporate' section like I was
discussing earlier. I have received a couple whitepapers from people and
I think that it would be really nice to get that kind of information up.

Some of the press articles are silly, but I find them 9 of the 10 times
quite interesting.

> If not, we should merge the news and press sections together on the
> front page so we don't "waste" as much front page space on the press
> section.

Well, news is important. If we can get news `shorts' that would be
really neat, because we could style them in a pretty cool way.

--Devon