Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:53:52 -0800
From:      Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   incorporating ipfilter

I come from using IPFW but wantto learn and experiment with ipfilter. I
guess you can say I have grown accustomed to /etc/rc.conf and
/etc/rc.firewall to do all the work for me. Well with ipfilter there are
no implentations for it.

Here are a few questions that I seem to not be able to answers for:
  1. What is the name of the conf file and its location? (/etc/ipf.conf)
  2. How is it called in the startup scripts.
  3. Other links of reference that tie closely with the *BSD way of
doing things?

Any info or pointers is greatly appreciated.

TIA